Top Upcoming Scary Horror Movies of 2016
Our users picked these new 2016 horror movies as the most anticipated movies to see in 2016. You have to check out these movies coming to theaters near you. Click to see trailers and a full descriptions of each movie.
June 24, 2016
August 05, 2016
June 17, 2016
The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist
June 10, 2016
Top Rated Horror Videos of 2016
Top rated scary horror movie trailers of 2016 from our horror fans. Rate now to see what's your top pick best upcoming movie in 2016.
Latest Horror Movie Reviews
Popular Scary Horror Movies of 2016Upcoming Horror Movies 2016
- The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist (Jun 10, 2016)
- Clown (Jun 17, 2016)
- The Neon Demon (Jun 24, 2016)
- The Shallows (Jun 24, 2016)
- The Purge: Election Year (Jul 01, 2016)
- Suicide Squad (Aug 05, 2016)
- Morgan (Sep 02, 2016)
- The Woods (Sep 16, 2016)
- Ouija 2 (Oct 21, 2016)
- Rings (Oct 28, 2016)
- Amityville: The Awakening (Jan 06, 2017)
- Kong: Skull Island (Mar 17, 2017)
- Annabelle 2 (May 19, 2017)
- The Mummy (Jun 09, 2017)
- World War Z 2 (Jun 09, 2017)
- Alien: Covenant (Aug 04, 2017)
- Black Panther (Nov 03, 2017)
- Meg (Mar 02, 2018)
- Godzilla 2 (Mar 22, 2019)
- X-Men: Apocalypse (May 27, 2016)
- Alice Through the Looking Glass (May 27, 2016)
- Sorgenfri (May 13, 2016)
- The Darkness (May 13, 2016)
- The Offering (May 06, 2016)
- Bite (May 06, 2016)
- Captain America: Civil War (May 06, 2016)
- Holidays (Apr 22, 2016)
- The Huntsman (Apr 22, 2016)
- Decay (Apr 08, 2016)
More About Horror Films
Horror films are designed to unsettle our nerves and prey upon our hidden fears. In addition, they are meant to cause frighten, panic, dread and alarm. Most horror films include a terrifying, shocking finale, while simultaneously are both captivating and entertaining. Revolving around the darker side of life, including the strange, the forbidden and the disturbing, horror films depict a snapshot of life none of us wish to experience firsthand. They deal with our most basic nature and fears, such as our terror of the unknown, our helplessness, our nightmares, our alienation, our revulsions, our fear of death, our loss of self and our fear of sexuality. Horror films are also commonly called scary movies, macabre, spookfests and chillers.
Best Horror Films
- The Exorcist- Released in 1973, this movie involves the possession of a little girl. A young and old priest are charged to investigate, where they first come to believe, then spend the rest of the movie fighting back the devil for control of the young girl's soul. This is one of the best horror films to depict the consequences of true faith.
- Psycho- Released in 1960. Brought to life by Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho is the true epitome of suspense and tension. Revolving around a crazy Norman Bates and his even crazier mother, this movie tells the story of a killer who is brought to justice after many victims are claimed. Do you know the true secret of the Bates family?
- Alien- Released in 1979, this science fiction horror movie is set several centuries in the future when humanity has ventured into outer space. The crew of a mining vessel becomes unwitting hosts to a bloodthirsty alien life form. This is the best horror film to depict sheer claustrophobic terror.
- Jaws- Released in 1975. The first blockbuster and best horror film from director Steven Spielberg, Jaws is both a monster movie and character study. A killer shark wreaks havoc on a small town, claiming many victims, while local sheriff works to take down the menace.
- Silence of the Lambs: Released in 1991. According to the Academy, this was the best (horror) film released that year. The film's premise revolves around using an imprisoned serial killer to help catch another serial killer. This is one of the scariest, psychological thrillers ever made.