Synopsis:Three college friends hit the biggest party of the year, where a mysterious phenomenon disrupts the night, quickly descending into a chaos that challenges their friendships -- and whether they can stay alive.
Dennis Iliadis (The Last House on the Left, Hardcore, Proini ptosi) did a great job directing this movie and writing the story. I am not sure if Dennis was aiming for a Sci-Fi, horror or a drama movie because this movie does not fit any one category, maybe it was all. He is known as an actor, writer and producer that knows how to make events stand out can captivates its viewers.
+1 contains nude and sexual content, gore, violence, bad language, alcohol drinking and not much suspense or frightening scenes.
+1 is about three college friends who goes to a party that turns out to be fatal in more than one way. While everyone is having an amazing time, a meteor hits the earth and causes an electrical disturbance which makes a doppelganger of everyone (that’s where the title comes from) that attended Angad’s (Rohan Kymal - Newlyweeds, Fish Will Bite) party. It was crazy that everyone continued on with the party after all that is happening. What happens to the doppelgangers - watch and see.
The acting was exceptional and so was the cinematography, value of the movie quality compared to the budget and the overall atmosphere of the movie. The movie could have elaborated a bit more as I was asking myself, why didn’t everyone just leave the party after all the drama and violence started happening. I really think this movie could have received a seven or eight if the ending did not seem so scattered and disorganized as though it was rushed.
Some facts about Rhys Wakefield:
* He is 6 feet tall and was born on November 20, 1988 in Cairns, Queensland, Australia.
* He first appeared as Lucas on Australian TV series Home and Away.
* He won an acting scholarship in 2003 while taking classes at The McDonald College of Performing Arts in Sydney.
* He has acted in 17 films so far.
* He is the writer, director, producer, editor and also an actor in A Man Walks Into a Bar.
* His father works in the Navy and his mother is a medical standards officer.
About +1 (2013)
Total Avg. Votes: 5
Writers: Dennis Iliadis, Bill Gullo
Director: Dennis Iliadis