Arrow Video announced that they will release the Vamp (1986) Blu-ray directed by Richard Wenk. The release date is set for October 4, 2016, in the US and the UK Blu-ray/DVD release on October 3, 2016. This version of the film features a High Definition digital transfer along with a few special features all detailed below. Return to the After Dark club for a taste of one of the best campy vampire movies ever released.
From Amazon: Two fraternity pledges head to a seedy part of town to find some entertainment for their college friends but are faced with bloodthirsty vampires!
Keith (Chris Makepeace, Meatballs) and AJ (Robert Rusler, A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy s Revenge) want to make the right impression at college and so they devise a plan to get them into the best frathouse on campus. They head to the After Dark Club where they want to find a stripper for a party their friends won t forget, instead they find themselves among vampires led by Kinky Katrina (Grace Jones, A View to a Kill)!
Almost certainly an influence on From Dusk til Dawn, Vamp is superbly designed by many of Grace Jones own award-winning collaborators and features stunning effects by four-time Oscar winner Greg Cannom (The Lost Boys, Bram Stoker s Dracula). Delivering laughs and scares in equal measure, with the added bonus of vampy sex appeal, Vamp is a comedy horror romp with real bite!
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- High Definition digital transfer
- Original mono audio
- Subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- One of those Nights: The Making of Vamp - a brand new documentary featuring interviews with director Richard Wenk, stars Robert Rusler, Dedee Pfeiffer, Gedde Watanabe
- Behind-the-scenes rehearsals
- Blooper Reel
- Image gallery
- Dracula Bites the Big Apple (1979) - Richard Wenk s celebrated short film
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by the Twins of Evil
- First pressing only: Booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Cullen Gallagher
Image via Facebook:
Synopsis: Two fraternity pledges travel to a sleazy bar in search of a stripper for their college friends, unaware it is occupied by vampires.
Directors: Richard Wenk
Genres: Horror, Fantasy, Comedy
Writers: Donald P. Borchers, Richard Wenk
Producers: Donald P. Borchers, Susan Gelb
Musicians: Jonathan Elias
Editors: Marc Grossman
You May Also Like…