Horror anthology film Tales of Halloween (2015) is getting a Blu-ray / DVD this upcoming September 13, 2016, via Epic Pictures Group. We are getting a collector’s edition 4-disc release with soundtrack and bonus features, full details on each disc listed below. We also included Tales of Halloween on our Top 10 Horror Anthology films top list here where it ranked very high on the list.
From the Press Release:
Epic Pictures Group announced today that they will release a limited edition Blu-ray and DVD collector’s set of Tales of Halloween on September 13, 2016. "Certified Fresh" by Rotten Tomatoes, the horror anthology film, which brings together an all-star lineup of horror heavyweight directors and actors, premiered to strong critical acclaim at the 2015 Fantasia International Film Festival. Epic Pictures Releasing, the US distribution division of Epic Pictures Group, released the film in theaters and on digital platforms on October 16, 2015.
This critically acclaimed film weaves together ten chilling tales from horror’s top directors. Ghosts, ghouls, monsters, and the devil delight in terrorizing unsuspecting residents of a suburban neighborhood on Halloween night. The all-star directorial lineup includes Neil Marshall ("Game of Thrones," The Descent, Lost in Space), Darren Lynn Bousman (Saw 2, 3, 4), Lucky McKee (The Woman, All Cheerleaders Must Die), and Mike Mendez (Gravedancers, Big a** Spider!) with cameos by horror heavyweights such as Barry Bostwick (The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Lin Shaye (Insidious), John Savage (The Deer Hunter), Adrienne Barbeau (The Fog), John Landis (Director of Animal House), Joe Dante (Director of Gremlins), Barbara Crampton (Re-Animator, We Are Still Here), Booboo Stewart (Twilight), Keir Gilchrist (It Follows), Grace Phipps (Fright Night), Pat Healy (Cheap Thrills), Kristina Klebe (Rob Zombie’s Halloween), Greg Grunberg ("Heroes," Star Wars), Alex Essoe (Starry Eyes), Pollyanna McIntosh (The Woman), and more.
In addition to the feature film on both Blu-ray and DVD, the limited edition collector’s set will also contain a DVD chock-full of bonus features and a CD of the film’s soundtrack featuring original tracks by Lalo Schifrin, Jimmy Psycho, Christopher Drake, and Christian Henson. Among the highlights of the bonus features are exclusive, never-before-seen short films from Tales of Halloween directors, including Brain Death, an early student film from director Neil Marshall which was previously unreleased. Other highlights include video diaries for each segment of the anthology, featuring interviews with the directors, cast, and crew, and sneak peeks behind the scenes on set. Additional bonus materials include deleted scenes, director commentaries, and photo galleries.
Disc 1 - Blu-ray of the Feature (Region Free):
Three Audio Options: English, French & Spanish 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, 5.1 Dolby Digital, 2.0 Dolby Stereo
Three Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Disc 2 - DVD of the Feature (Region Free):
Three Audio Options: English, French & Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and 2.0 Dolby Stereo
Three Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Disc 3 - CD of the Soundtrack:
- "Tales of Halloween Main Title" - Lalo Schifrin
- "Sweet Tooth" - Christopher Drake
- "The Night Billy Raised Hell" - Bobby Johnston
- "Trick" - Joseph Bishara
- "The Weak and the Wicked" - Austin Wintory
- "Grim Grinning Ghost" - Christian Henson
- "Ding Dong" - Sean Spillane
- "This Means War" - Michael Sean Colin
- "Friday the 31st" - Joseph Bishara
- "Limbchoppalooza!" - Edwin Wendler
- "The Ransom of Rusty Rex" - Christopher Drake
- "It’s Not a F*****g Kid!" - Christopher Drake
- "He Will Never Leave You" - Christopher Drake
- "Bad Seed" - Christian Henson
- "Tales of Halloween" - Jimmy Pyscho
Disc 4 - DVD of Bonus Features (Region Free):
- Brain Death (21 minutes) - directed by Neil Marshall
- The Halloween Kid (7 minutes) - directed by Axelle Carolyn
- Boilly (30 seconds) - directed by Lucky Mckee
- Thirsty (14 minutes) - directed by Andrew Kasch & John Skipp
- Hot Rod Worm (4 minutes) - directed by Andrew Kasch & John Skipp
- No Rest for the Wicked (15 minutes) - directed by Ryan Stiffen
- 2-3 Video Diaries for each segment of the anthology, featuring interviews with the directors, cast, and crew, and sneak peeks behind the scenes on set. Total Run Time: Approximately 60 minutes, Stereo/Mono Audio
Additional Bonus Materials:
- Deleted Scene / "Grim Grinning Ghost" - directed by Axelle Carolyn
- Behind-the-Scenes featurette / "Sweet Tooth" - directed by Dave Parker
- Anatomy of a Scene / "Friday the 31st" - directed by Mike Mendez
- Fun Facts / Pop-up Video Commentary for Selected Segments
- Photo Gallery / Behind the Scenes of "Bad Seed"
- Storyboards / "Ding"
Tales of Halloween (2015)
Synopsis: Ten stories are woven together by their shared theme of Halloween night in an American suburb, where ghouls, imps, aliens and axe murderers appear for one night only to terrorize unsuspecting residents.
Directors: Mike Mendez, Neil Marshall, Paul Solet, Darren Lynn Bousman, Andrew Kasch, John Skipp, Lucky McKee, Dave Parker, Adam Gierasch, Axelle Carolyn, Ryan Schifrin
Genres: Horror, Comedy
MPAA Rating: R
Writers: Axelle Carolyn, Billy Jackson, Andrew Kasch, Neil Marshall, Lucky McKee, Mike Mendez, Dave Parker, Ryan Schifrin, Clint Sears, John Skipp
Producers: Michael Arter, Shaked Berenson, Charles Arthur Berg, Axelle Carolyn, Tada Chae, Patrick Ewald, Sarah Gyldenvand, Mike Mendez, Mike De Trana
Musicians: Joseph Bishara, Michael Sean Colin, Christopher Drake, Christian Henson, Bobby Johnston, Lalo Schifrin, Sean Spillane, Edwin Wendler, Austin Wintory
Editors: Matthew Barry, Josh Ethier, Andrew Kasch, Mike Mendez, Dave Parker, Zach Passero
You May Also Like…
Halloween: Resurrection (2002) - Trailer
Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998) - Trailer
Halloween (2007) - Trailer