Here is our list of our top anticipated horror TV shows coming in 2017. There are a few new horror TV shows, but we also included a few more TV shows from different genres. We included trailers where we could with a brief introduction for each. We will try to keep this list updated, enjoy!
Top Anticipated Horror TV shows coming this 2017
Riverdale (The CW, January 26, 2017)
- With The CW putting a stake in The Vampire Diaries, Riverdale seems likely to take that spot but in a different way. Riverdale promises Archie Comics with Gossip Girl style in a murder mystery TV series. I am hoping it is better than that description.
Synopsis: A subversive take on Archie and his friends, exploring small town life, the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale's wholesome facade.Cast: Lochlyn Munro, Mädchen Amick, Cody Kearsley, Luke Perry, Marisol Nichols, Madelaine Petsch, Asha Bromfield, Caitlin Mitchell-Markovitch, Hayley Law, Nathalie Boltt
Directors: Lee Toland Krieger
Genres: Drama, Mystery, Crime
Twin Peaks (Showtime, April 30, 2017)
- Fans of the original Twin Peaks are overwhelmed to see the Twin Peaks Revival TV series. David Lynch is back to steer the show back in the right direction.
"Twin Peaks" (2017)AKA(s): Rancho Rosa
Synopsis: Picks up 25 years after the inhabitants of a quaint northwestern town are stunned when their homecoming queen is murdered.Cast: Ray Wise, Mädchen Amick, Dana Ashbrook, Grace Zabriskie, Everett McGill, Amanda Seyfried, Balthazar Getty, Kyle MacLachlan, Sheryl Lee, Kimmy Robertson
Directors: David Lynch
Genres: Drama, Mystery, Crime
Emerald City (NBC, Jan 6, 2017)
- NBC brings us Emerald City which looks terrific with this new "magic vs. science" story. This time around, Dorothy (Adria Arjona) is a young doctor with the K9 police dog Toto. Watch the trailer below for this gritty take on the classic tale.
"Emerald City" (2016)
Synopsis: A modern reimagining of the stories that led to 'The Wizard of Oz'.Cast: Vincent D'Onofrio, Isabel Lucas, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Ana Ularu, Adria Arjona, Gerran Howell, Stefanie Martini, Roxy Sternberg, Rebeka Rea
Directors: Tarsem Singh
Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Adventure
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix, January 13, 2017)
- Watching Neil Patrick Harris play the evil Count Olaf is thrilling, and you cannot help but get excited. Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events will hopefully follow Netflix’s original programming trend and become another success.
The Handmaid’s Tale (Hulu, April 26, 2017)
"The Handmaid's Tale" (2017)
Synopsis: Set in a dystopian future, a woman is forced to live as a concubine under a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship.Cast: Max Minghella, Amanda Brugel, Yvonne Strahovski, Alexis Bledel, Elisabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Jordana Blake, O.T. Fagbenle, Samira Wiley, Ever Carradine
Directors: Mike Barker, Reed Morano
Genres: Sci-Fi, Drama
Iron Fist (Netflix, March 17, 2017)
- Netflix’s Iron Fist is the fourth Marvel Defenders character to make an appearance on Netflix before the anticipated Marvel Defenders event hopefully later this 2017 year, crossing my fingers that no schedule changes occur. Daniel Rand (Finn Jones) trains to become the Iron Fist with the plot of avenging the death of her parents.
"Iron Fist" (2017)
Synopsis: A young man is bestowed with incredible martial arts skills and a mystical force known as the Iron Fist.Cast: David Wenham, Rosario Dawson, Jessica Stroup, Wai Ching Ho, Jessica Henwick, Finn Jones, Tom Pelphrey, Barrett Doss, Clifton Davis
Directors: John Dahl
Genres: Sci-Fi, Action, Adventure, Crime
Legion (FX, February 8, 2017)
- FX is taking the super hero genre in a whole new direction with the Legion TV series. Dan Stevens plays David Haller better known as Legion in the X-Men comics. Haller believes he is mentally ill and not a super powered individual with extraordinary powers. Watched the trailers and so far I am still not too thrilled.
Synopsis: David Haller is a troubled young man diagnosed as schizophrenic, but after a strange encounter, he discovers special powers that will change his life forever.Cast: Scott Lawrence, Hamish Linklater, Paul Belsito, Mackenzie Gray, David Ferry, June B. Wilde, Tony Chris Kazoleas, Sugith Varughese, Bill Irwin, Aubrey Plaza
Directors: Michael Uppendahl, Noah Hawley
Genres: Sci-Fi, Drama, Action
Star Trek: Discovery (CBS All Access, May 2017)
- Bryan Fuller helped to reboot the Star Trek TV series but resigned as the showrunner. This Star Trek series is promised to be a more diverse story and return to the "soul" of the older Star Trek feel.
"Star Trek: Discovery" (2017)
Taboo (FX, Jan 10, 2017)
- Tom Hardy stars as the lead and also co-created FX’s Taboo TV series. A limited series that follows as Hardy’s character James Keziah Delaney rises from what seems like his death during an accident while on a trip to Africa. He discovers secrets and mysteries to the success and fame from his father’s shipping empire.
Synopsis: Adventurer James Keziah Delaney returns to London during the War of 1812 to rebuild his late father's shipping empire. However, both the government and his biggest competitor want his inheritance at any cost - even murder.Cast: Michael Kelly, Jonathan Pryce, Leo Bill, Mark Gatiss, Tom Hardy, Stephen Graham, Jefferson Hall, Franka Potente, Tom Hollander, Roy Thorn
Directors: Kristoffer Nyholm, Anders Engström
You May Also Like…