With the full feature film Venom (2018) releasing October 5, 2018; here are some fun facts about one of Marvel’s favorite anti-heroes named Venom/Eddie Brock. Venom was such a popular Spider-Man villain in the 90s creating his multiple Venom series; Marvel was forced to turn the Venom character into an anti-hero. More on Marvel’s Venom and the Adi Shankar/Joe Lynch short film Venom: Truth in Journalism below.
Thanks to Looper for creating and posting this video.
Venom Fun Facts
- There was a Venom film in the works way back before Venom made his film debut in Spider-Man 3 (2007). The film in the works had a screenplay written by David S. Goyer whose first superhero film came with Blade (1998).
- There was a Vimeo short film titled Venom: Truth in Journalism (2013) featuring Ryan Kwanten as Venom and directed by Joe Lynch.
- Venom had 17 independent stories right after the other all starting a new Venom tale and another #1 issue from 1993 - 1998.
- The symbiote that forms Venom behaves as a lover scorned after being rejected by Spider-Man and instead forming Venom with Eddie Brock because they both hate Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Venom has never been 100% victorious in an all-out war against Spider-Man but has somehow managed to beat down Superman. The writers even had Venom beating up Superman and Spider-Man at the same time. Venom was eventually defeated though, but imagine, comparable strength with Superman… sure.
- Scorpion Matt Gorgon wore the Venom symbiote for some time before Eddie Brock returned as the Anti-Venom who had the power to cure people of their symbiotes.
- The symbiote making Venom has bonded with many Marvel characters including Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Flash Thompson, Deadpool, Wolverine, and many many more.
- In the Old Man Logan comic story arc, you the see the Venom symbiote bonded with a T-Rex from the Savage Land.
Venom (2018) Trailer 2
Directed by Ruben Fleischer
Official Synopsis: After a faulty interview with the Life Foundation ruins his career, former reporter Eddie Brock's life is in pieces. Six months later, he comes across the Life Foundation again, and he comes into contact with an alien symbiote and becomes Venom, a parasitic antihero.Cast: Stan Lee, Wayne Pére, Tom Holland, Woody Harrelson, Cabran E. Chamberlain, Denney Pierce, Anthony B. Harris, Michelle Williams, Ed Moy,…
Genres: Horror, Thriller, Sci-Fi, Action