HBO‘s Game of Thrones Season 5 Blu-ray / DVD releases this March 15, 2016. The Blu-ray and DVD have some notable extras listed below. The Blu-ray will retail for $79. 99 and the DVD for $59.99. How many of you will be buying this set?
The "worldwide phenomenon" (USA Today) is back, breaking more records along the way. Winner of 12 Emmy(R) Awards (the most of any series in one year) and a Guinness World Record holder for the largest simultaneous broadcast of a TV drama (in 173 countries and territories worldwide), Game of Thrones is bigger than ever in Season 5, and this spring, fans of the hit show will finally have the chance to add this legendary season to their collections before new episodes debut. Game of Thrones: The Complete Fifth Season will be available on Blu-ray ($79.98) and DVD ($59.99) on March 15, 2016. The Blu-ray set features a free Digital HD copy of all 10 episodes, plus exclusive bonus content including a brand new feature that takes an in-depth look at the story behind the Targaryen civil war, known as the Dance of Dragons.
Blu-ray with Digital Copy - includes all DVD features plus:
- The Dance of Dragons - Hear the story of the Greens and the Blacks, the Targaryen civil war that led to the downfall of the dragons, featuring surprise narration from notable characters from past seasons.
- In-Episode Guide - Dig deeper into the show with this in-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters, locations, and relevant histories.
- Histories and Lore - Learn about the mythology of Westeros and Essos as told from the varying perspectives of the characters themselves in 14 history pieces. Select Histories feature illustrations from the show’s storyboard artist, Will Simpson.
- Anatomy of an Episode: Mother’s Mercy - From the early stages of the writer’s room to the final visual effects, see what went into creating "Mother’s Mercy," the Emmy-winning episode fans will be talking about for years to come.
- The Real History Behind Game of Thrones - Watch historians, along with George R.R. Martin, explore the interweaving inspirations of the actual players in the era known as "The Wars of the Roses" and other historical events in this two-part series.
- Audio Commentaries - Twelve audio commentaries with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Kit Harington, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Iain Glen, Maisie Williams, Natalie Dormer, Gwendoline Christie and more.
- Deleted Scenes - 4 deleted scenes
- A Day in the Life - Three countries, hundreds of cast and crew, one epic day. Get an inside look at the production process of Season 5.
- New Characters/New Locations - Explore the new societies, cultures, and locations of Season 5.
Season 5 begins with a power vacuum that protagonists across Westeros and Essos look to fill. At Castle Black, Jon Snow struggles to balance the demands of the Night’s Watch with those of newly-arrived Stannis Baratheon, who styles himself the rightful king of Westeros. Meanwhile, Cersei scrabbles to hold on to power in King’s Landing amidst the Tyrells and the rise of a religious group led by the enigmatic High Sparrow, while Jaime embarks on a secret mission. Across the Narrow Sea, Arya seeks an old friend while a fugitive Tyrion finds a new cause. And as danger mounts in Meereen, Daenerys Targaryen finds that her tenuous hold on the city requires some hard sacrifices. This season features some of the most explosive scenes yet, as the promise that "winter is coming" becomes more ominous than ever before.
About HBO Home Entertainment(R)
HBO Home Entertainment develops, distributes and markets an extensive array of critically-acclaimed and groundbreaking programs in three formats--Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital HD--throughout the world. Releases include the global hit Game of Thrones(R), the #1 selling TV on DVD/Blu-ray title in major territories throughout the world over the past four years, in addition to current hits and classic favorites including True Detective(R), Girls(R), The Sopranos(R), Sex and the City(R) True Blood(R), The Wire(R) and Entourage(R). The company’s catalog contains hundreds of titles including multiple Emmy(R) Award-winning mini-series The Pacific(R) and Band of Brothers(R), which holds the record through 2014 as the all-time best selling TV on DVD/Blu-ray title in the US; provocative programs from HBO Documentary Films including The Jinx: The Life & Deaths of Robert Durst and The Case Against 8; innovative movies from HBO Films including Game Change and The Normal Heart; hit Cinemax(R) original series including Banshee(R) and Strike Back(R); and comedy specials featuring stand-up performers like Bill Maher and Billy Crystal. Launched in 1984, HBO Home Entertainment has offices in New York, London, and Toronto. The company’s releases are sold in more than 70 territories around the world and are digitally distributed on a transactional basis across an expanding number of territories and platforms.
Game of Thrones (2011)
Directed by Neil Marshall, Alan Taylor, Michael Slovis, Jack Bender, David Benioff, Michelle MacLaren, D.B. Weiss, Daniel Sackheim, David Nutter, Alik Sakharov, Miguel Sapochnik, Matt Shakman, Daniel Minahan, Timothy Van Patten, David Petrarca, Jeremy Podeswa, Alex Graves, Brian Kirk, Mark Mylod
Official Synopsis: In the mythical continent of Westeros, several powerful families fight for control of the Seven Kingdoms. As conflict erupts in the kingdoms of men, an ancient enemy rises once again to threaten them all. Meanwhile, the last heirs of a recently usurped dynasty plot to take back their homeland from across the Narrow Sea.
Cast: Charles Dance, Lena Headey, Liam Cunningham, Julian Glover, Iain Glen, Michael McElhatton, Rose Leslie, Alfie Allen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Jack Gleeson,…
Genres: Drama, Action, Fantasy, Adventure, Romance