Scream Factory revealed the bonus features for Tobe Hooper‘s The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) upcoming 30th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Blu-ray. Trust me; I would like to list them all here, but the press release below details all that already. Here is the brief: 2K HD scan of the film, tons of audio commentary, outtakes and so much more. Dennis Hopper, Caroline Williams, and Jim Siedow starred in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2.
From the Press Release: "The buzzz is back! On April 19, 2016, Scream Factory will release The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 [Collector’s Edition] in a comprehensive 2-disc set with 10 hours of bonus features, including nearly 5 hours of exclusive content.
In 1974, horror fans rejoiced upon the release of Tobe Hooper’s masterpiece, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The movie raised the stakes of in-your-face filmmaking and changed the face of horror. Twelve years later, Hooper and the Sawyer clan are back with this deviously entertaining sequel, starring Dennis Hopper in one of the most deliciously crazed performances of his career.
For a decade, Texas Ranger Lefty Enright (Hopper) has sought to avenge the brutal murder of his kin by the cannibalistic Sawyer family - Leatherface, Chop-Top, The Cook and Grandpa. With the help of a radio DJ (Caroline Williams), who’s also bent on putting an end to the terror, Lefty finds his way to the Sawyers’ underground slaughter shop, where a battle of epic proportions will soon rage… and the line between good and evil gets chopped to bits!
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 [Collector’s Edition] Bonus Features:
Disc 1: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part Two (New HD Transfer)
- NEW 2016 2K HD scan of the inter-positive film element
- NEW Audio Commentary with director of photography Richard Kooris, production designer Cary White, script supervisor Laura Kooris and property master Michael Sullivan
- Audio Commentary with director Tobe Hooper
- Audio Commentary with actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams and special effects makeup creator Tom Savini
- NEW Extended Outtakes from It Runs in the Family featuring L.M. Kit Carson and Lou Perryman (30 minutes)
- NEW Behind-the-Scenes Footage Compilation from Tom Savini’s archives (43 minutes)
- Alternate Opening Credit Sequence
- Deleted Scenes
- Still Galleries - posters and lobby cards, behind-the-scenes photos, stills and collector’s gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spots
Disc 2: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part Two (Original HD Transfer)
- MGM’s original HD Master with color correction supervision by director of photography Richard Kooris
- NEW House of Pain - a interview with make-up effects artists Bart Mixon, Gabe Bartalos, Gino Crognale and John Vulich (42 minutes)
- NEW Yuppie Meat - a interview with actors Chris Douridas and Barry Kinyon (19 minutes)
- NEW Cutting Moments - a interview with editor Alain Jakubowicz (17 minutes)
- NEW Behind the Mask - a interview with stunt man and Leatherface performer Bob Elmore (14 minutes)
- NEW HORROR’S HALLOWED GROUNDS - revisiting the locations of the film - hosted by Sean Clark plus a special guest (25 minutes)
- It Runs in the Family - a six part feature-length documentary featuring interviews with screenwriter L.M. Kit Carson, actors Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, Bill Johnson, Lou Perryman, special makeup effects artist Tom Savini and more… (84 minutes)"
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)
Synopsis: A radio host is victimized by the cannibal family as a former Texas Marshall hunts them.
Directors: Tobe Hooper
Genres: Horror, Comedy
Writers: L.M. Kit Carson, Tobe Hooper
Producers: L.M. Kit Carson, Yoram Globus, Menahem Golan, Henry Holmes, Tobe Hooper, James Jorgensen
Musicians: Tobe Hooper, Jerry Lambert
Editors: Alain Jakubowicz
You May Also Like…
The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1994) - Trailer
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986) - Trailer
Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III (1990) - Trailer