Top Upcoming Scary Horror Movies of 2016
Our users picked these new 2016 horror movies as the most anticipated movies to see in 2016. You have to check out these movies coming to theaters near you. Click to see trailers and a full descriptions of each movie.
Pandemic April 01, 2016
The Invitation March 25, 2016
Suicide Squad August 05, 2016
The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist June 10, 2016
Top Rated Horror Videos of 2016
Top rated scary horror movie trailers of 2016 from our horror fans. Rate now to see what's your top pick best upcoming movie in 2016.
Latest Horror Movie Reviews
Popular Scary Horror Movies of 2016Upcoming Horror Movies 2016
- Black Wake (Feb 19, 2016)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Feb 19, 2016)
- The Witch (Feb 19, 2016)
- Kill or Be Killed (Mar 01, 2016)
- Ava's Possessions (Mar 04, 2016)
- 10 Cloverfield Lane (Mar 11, 2016)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Mar 25, 2016)
- The Invitation (Mar 25, 2016)
- Pandemic (Apr 01, 2016)
- Rings (Apr 01, 2016)
- Before I Wake (Apr 08, 2016)
- Amityville: The Awakening (Apr 15, 2016)
- Captain America: Civil War (May 06, 2016)
- The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist (Jun 10, 2016)
- The Purge: Election Year (Jul 01, 2016)
- Suicide Squad (Aug 05, 2016)
- Ouija 2 (Oct 21, 2016)
- Kong: Skull Island (Mar 17, 2017)
- The Mummy (Jun 09, 2017)
- World War Z 2 (Jun 09, 2017)
- Alien: Covenant (Oct 06, 2017)
- Black Panther (Nov 03, 2017)
- Godzilla 2 (Jun 08, 2018)
- Deadpool (Feb 12, 2016)
- Southbound (Feb 09, 2016)
- The Pack (Feb 05, 2016)
- Lazer Team (Jan 29, 2016)
- Martyrs (Jan 22, 2016)
- The Boy (Jan 22, 2016)
- The 5th Wave (Jan 15, 2016)
- The Abandoned (Jan 08, 2016)
- Anger of the Dead (Jan 08, 2016)
- The Forest (Jan 08, 2016)
More About Horror Films
Horror films are designed to unsettle our nerves and prey upon our hidden fears. In addition, they are meant to cause frighten, panic, dread and alarm. Most horror films include a terrifying, shocking finale, while simultaneously are both captivating and entertaining. Revolving around the darker side of life, including the strange, the forbidden and the disturbing, horror films depict a snapshot of life none of us wish to experience firsthand. They deal with our most basic nature and fears, such as our terror of the unknown, our helplessness, our nightmares, our alienation, our revulsions, our fear of death, our loss of self and our fear of sexuality. Horror films are also commonly called scary movies, macabre, spookfests and chillers.
Best Horror Films
- The Exorcist- Released in 1973, this movie involves the possession of a little girl. A young and old priest are charged to investigate, where they first come to believe, then spend the rest of the movie fighting back the devil for control of the young girl's soul. This is one of the best horror films to depict the consequences of true faith.
- Psycho- Released in 1960. Brought to life by Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho is the true epitome of suspense and tension. Revolving around a crazy Norman Bates and his even crazier mother, this movie tells the story of a killer who is brought to justice after many victims are claimed. Do you know the true secret of the Bates family?
- Alien- Released in 1979, this science fiction horror movie is set several centuries in the future when humanity has ventured into outer space. The crew of a mining vessel becomes unwitting hosts to a bloodthirsty alien life form. This is the best horror film to depict sheer claustrophobic terror.
- Jaws- Released in 1975. The first blockbuster and best horror film from director Steven Spielberg, Jaws is both a monster movie and character study. A killer shark wreaks havoc on a small town, claiming many victims, while local sheriff works to take down the menace.
- Silence of the Lambs: Released in 1991. According to the Academy, this was the best (horror) film released that year. The film's premise revolves around using an imprisoned serial killer to help catch another serial killer. This is one of the scariest, psychological thrillers ever made.