Top Upcoming Scary Horror Movies of 2015
Our users picked these new 2015 horror movies as the most anticipated movies to see in 2015. You have to check out these movies coming to theaters near you. Click to see trailers and a full descriptions of each movie.
Captain America: Civil War December 31, 1969
Dementia December 31, 1969
The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist December 31, 1969
Godzilla 2 December 31, 1969
Top Rated Horror Videos of 2015
Top rated scary horror movie trailers of 2015 from our horror fans. Rate now to see what's your top pick best upcoming movie in 2015.
Latest Horror Movie Reviews
Popular Scary Horror Movies of 2015
- Dementia (Dec 04, 2015)
- Krampus (Dec 04, 2015)
- He Never Died (Dec 18, 2015)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Dec 18, 2015)
- Demonic (Dec 31, 2015)
- The Last Word (Dec 31, 2015)
- The Forest (Jan 08, 2016)
- The Boy (Jan 22, 2016)
- Black Wake (Feb 19, 2016)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Feb 19, 2016)
- The Witch (Feb 26, 2016)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Mar 25, 2016)
- Rings (Apr 01, 2016)
- Amityville: The Awakening (Apr 15, 2016)
- Captain America: Civil War (May 06, 2016)
- The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist (Jun 10, 2016)
- The Purge 3 (Jul 01, 2016)
- Ouija 2 (Oct 21, 2016)
- Kong: Skull Island (Mar 17, 2017)
- The Mummy (Mar 24, 2017)
- World War Z 2 (Jun 09, 2017)
- Alien: Covenant (Oct 06, 2017)
- Black Panther (Nov 03, 2017)
- Godzilla 2 (Jun 08, 2018)
- Submerged (Nov 27, 2015)
- Victor Frankenstein (Nov 25, 2015)
- Jeruzalem (Nov 24, 2015)
- #Horror (Nov 20, 2015)
- AfterDeath (Nov 20, 2015)
- Dwelling (Nov 17, 2015)
- The Pack (Nov 13, 2015)
- The Woods (Nov 13, 2015)
- Wrecker (Nov 06, 2015)
- Boar (Nov 03, 2015)
More About Horror Films
Horror films are designed to unsettle our nerves and prey upon our hidden fears. In addition, they are meant to cause frighten, panic, dread and alarm. Most horror films include a terrifying, shocking finale, while simultaneously are both captivating and entertaining. Revolving around the darker side of life, including the strange, the forbidden and the disturbing, horror films depict a snapshot of life none of us wish to experience firsthand. They deal with our most basic nature and fears, such as our terror of the unknown, our helplessness, our nightmares, our alienation, our revulsions, our fear of death, our loss of self and our fear of sexuality. Horror films are also commonly called scary movies, macabre, spookfests and chillers.
Best Horror Films
- The Exorcist- Released in 1973, this movie involves the possession of a little girl. A young and old priest are charged to investigate, where they first come to believe, then spend the rest of the movie fighting back the devil for control of the young girl's soul. This is one of the best horror films to depict the consequences of true faith.
- Psycho- Released in 1960. Brought to life by Alfred Hitchcock, Psycho is the true epitome of suspense and tension. Revolving around a crazy Norman Bates and his even crazier mother, this movie tells the story of a killer who is brought to justice after many victims are claimed. Do you know the true secret of the Bates family?
- Alien- Released in 1979, this science fiction horror movie is set several centuries in the future when humanity has ventured into outer space. The crew of a mining vessel becomes unwitting hosts to a bloodthirsty alien life form. This is the best horror film to depict sheer claustrophobic terror.
- Jaws- Released in 1975. The first blockbuster and best horror film from director Steven Spielberg, Jaws is both a monster movie and character study. A killer shark wreaks havoc on a small town, claiming many victims, while local sheriff works to take down the menace.
- Silence of the Lambs: Released in 1991. According to the Academy, this was the best (horror) film released that year. The film's premise revolves around using an imprisoned serial killer to help catch another serial killer. This is one of the scariest, psychological thrillers ever made.
New Horror Films 2014
What will be your favorite horror film in 2014? This year looks to be a scary 2014 serving up a host of adrenaline-surging thrillers. Tales vary from haunted house tales, monster tales and supernatural beings to serial killers and malevolent entities. This year is shaping up to be everything you've ever wanted from the horror industry.
The new horror movies for 2014 feature the usual mix of sequels (Haunted House 2). Look forward to new original films like Jinn (Demons), The Returned (Zombies), Nurse 3D (Serial Killer), Sinbad: The Fifth Voyage (Fantasy/Adventure), I, Frankenstein (Monsters/Creatures), Seventh Son (Fantasy/Adventure), Devil's Due (Demons), Voodoo Possession (Demons/Zombies) and spinoff Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (Demon Possession). Also on the way are Horror Movie reboots like Godzilla and Robocop.